Welcome New Scouts and Families
Post date: Aug 10, 2016 5:50:30 PM
Welcome new Scouts and families to the start of the 2016-2017 Scouting Adventure!
If you're new to Cub Scouts this year or just looking to find out more information, please join us on Monday, August 22nd at 7pm in the Wolf Lake Elementary Cafeteria. We'll be there to answer any questions and let the kids have some fun. If you have a question and don't want to wait, please use our Contact form and we'll get back to you.
Answers to some common questions:
- Open to boys in first through 5th grade.
- We meet weekly (except for holidays) and have optional camp outs and events on various weekends throughout the year.
- Cub Scouting is a FAMILY friendly. With few exceptions, brothers & sisters are welcome to come on camping trips and activities we do.
- Yes we do have an annual camping trip at Disney's Fort Wilderness.
- How much does it cost? The registration with Boy Scouts of America is $8 which will cover the remainder of the year (until Dec 31, 2016.) We also have annual pack dues to cover our activities such as the Pinewood Derby, Blue & Gold Celebration, and more. We try to keep this as low as possible through FUNd-raising and by participating in the annual popcorn sale Scouts are able to reduce or eliminate their annual dues.