Academics - Heritages
Heritages Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Heritages Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Talk with members of your family about your family heritage: its history, traditions, and culture.
- Make a poster that shows the origins of your ancestors. Share it with your den or other group.
- Draw a family tree showing members of your family for three generations.
Requirements for the Heritages Pin
Earn the Heritages belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack heritage celebration in which Cub Scouts give presentations about their family heritage.
- Attend a family reunion.
- Correspond with a pen pal from another country. Find out how his or her heritage is different from yours.
- Learn 20 words in a language other than your native language.
- Interview a grandparent or other family elder about what it was like when he or she was growing up.
- Work with a parent or adult partner to organize family photographs in a photo album.
- Visit a genealogy library and talk with the librarian about how to trace family records.
- Variation: Access a genealogy Web site and learn how to use it to find information about ancestors.
- Make an article of clothing, a toy, or a tool that your ancestors used. Show it to your den.
- Help your parent or adult partner prepare one of your family's traditional food dishes.
- Learn about the origin of your first, middle, or last name.
Heritages Online Resources
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month