Sports - Skateboarding
Skateboarding Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Skateboarding Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Demonstrate to an adult the general rules for safe skateboarding by showing that you know how to wear the proper safety gear.
- Carefully demonstrate how to fall to help minimize injuries.
- Practice skateboarding for 30 minutes. This practice may be done in several periods.
Requirements for the Skateboarding Pin
Earn the Skateboarding belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Figure out your skateboard stance — whether you are regular or goofy footed.
- Demonstrate proper stance, feet positions, knee bending, pushing off, turning, and stopping on flat ground.
- Using pictures, explain to your den or family the difference between street, skate park, and vertical skateboarding.
- List five ways skateboarders should be considerate and respectful of other people and their property when they are skateboarding.
- View a skateboarding video.
- Attend a pro skateboarder demonstration.
- Show that you know how to lubricate the bearings and keep your skateboard clean.
- Apply grip tape to your skateboard.
- Skateboard at a skate park for 30 minutes.
- Demonstrate three of the following maneuvers: ollie, nollie, frontside, grab, kickturn, carving.
- Describe how to determine a safe area to skateboard.
Skateboarding Online Resources
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month