Sports - Ultimate
Ultimate Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Ultimate Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of ultimate to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate skills.
- Participate in an ultimate game.
Requirements for the Ultimate Pin
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community ultimate tournament.
- Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: one handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- Spend a total of 90 minutes in practice developing individual defensive skills for the positions of marker and defender. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Explain the flight dynamics of the ultimate disk. Draw a diagram if needed.
- Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field, including end zones.
- Play five games of ultimate.
- Participate in an ultimate skills development clinic.
- Explain the history of ultimate and how it became a sport.
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month