2017 Popcorn Program
Face it parents: we grew up in a different time. As kids, nothing was handed to us. We either worked or helped to earn our rewards: money, an activity with friends, or something we wanted. Scouting still believes in and stands for the core value of earning!
Benefits to Your Scout and Family:
- Teaches Scouts the value & process of setting and working toward goals
- Gives Scouts a strong sense of accomplishment through recognition
- Enhances communication, leadership skills and confidence in your Scout
- Scouts can earn valuable rewards including gift cards and prizes
- Scouts can earn their own way
We strive to keep dues as low as possible and one way we do this is by our annual fundraiser selling popcorn. By selling popcorn your Scout can reduce or eliminate their annual dues. Below are the goals you and your Scout should strive for...
- $400 per Scout - Covers 100% of annual dues
If you sold camp cards and already reduced your dues for this year, every $100 worth of popcorn sold will reduce the dues by $25.
Ways to Sell:
- The Scout with his Akela goes door to door with a Take Order Form. Take Order Forms will be provided during the Popcorn Kickoff and available online for download.
- The customer writes his/her order on the Take Order Form and the Scout collects the money.
- The Scout processes the order and delivers the Popcorn to the Customer in a few weeks.
Selling at Work
- Mom and/or Dad take an order form to their work.
- Fellow co-workers write their order on the order form.
- Mom and/or Dad deliver product and collect the money in a few weeks.
- The Scout communicates his Order Key via email, phone, and so on, to potential or existing customers. The Customer can go online and purchase popcorn with a Credit Card at http://www.trails-end.com/trailsend/scouts/
- The Product is shipped directly from Trail’s End to the customer and the Scout and Unit receive credit for the Sale.
Show and Sells
- We've obtained permission from local businesses to set up a sales table. Show and Sells have plenty of products on-hand for people to buy. Different Scouts work at the table in shifts. Always have adult supervision.
- Check the calendar for show and sell times and other important details.
Scouts can also create their own Show and Sell
- by reaching out to local businesses and getting permission to set up a table for sales. If you do, be sure to let us know. We're happy to help you help us by coordinating other Scout's participation and providing the popcorn!
Signing up for Show and Sells
Parent Action Items
Download 2017 Order Form
Popcorn Sales Begin
Order Forms Due
Online Sales End
Show and Sell Dates
Check with your Den Leaders for planned show and sells.
Council Blitz weekend
Sept 29 - Oct 1
- This year we will be managing our Show and Sell participation using SignUpGenius (www.signupgenius.com). Invitations will be sent out by email in advance of the scheduled Show and Sell.
- Scouts should participate in as many Show and Sells as possible
Prizes and Rewards:
- Receive prizes from Council listed in the Trails-End order form based on sales amount.
- Additional awards for District and Council top sellers
- Scholarships available from Trails-End as well.
Our fundraising effort helps to make Scouting a great experience for our sons, siblings and parents. Here is a just a small sampling of the activities supported by your fund raising efforts and participation:
- Scout belt loops, patches, and awards
- Pinewood Derby Cars and awards
- Annual Pack Recharter
- Annual re-registration fee for all Scouts and Scouters
- Blue & Gold Celebration
- Pinewood derby kits, trophies, track and pizza party
- Rain Gutter Regatta boat kits
- Scout patches, badges and recognition awards
- Helps fund district and council camps and events