Camp Wilderness @ Disney Fort Wilderness
Pack 91 | January 12th - 15th, 2018
Scheduled by Popular Demand
This is probably the campout our Scouts have the most fun on so we re-booked at the conclusion of our last campout. While you don't have to campout overnight, it is a lot of fun and fulfills requirements for several Scouting adventures. You don't have to stay the entire time but I'm sure you'll want to. All of the Dens should be able to cover several requirements from their adventures while camping but the primary reason is to have fun and spend time with family and friends. We will not schedule back to back activities (like Camp La-No-Che) with the intention of allowing everyone to relax and enjoy the time as well as getting to choose what you want to do.
Registration & Cost
- We need to have the final list of all those attending (Scouts, Parents & Siblings) by November 27th to submit to Disney. Be sure to register & pay prior to this date.
- We are expecting this event to fill up. In order to be fair, registration will be confirmed and guarenteed when paid for.
- The cost of the trip is $15 per person per night. This is for camping out only and does not include food or entrance to the Disney Parks.
- Each den will be organizing meals. You may provide your own meals or eat at any of the Disney restaurants if you would prefer. Note that some ranks require the Scouts to either plan, prepare, cook, or assist with parts of meals so this is a great time to complete them.
- If you don't have or don't want to bring your own tent, Disney also rents tents ($45+tax) a night. Please indicate this when you sign up if you need so they can be reserved.
General Information about this Camp
- Check-in Friday, January 12th at 4pm - Monday, 15th at 11am (3 Nights)
- You do not need to attend all nights and can arrive/depart when you wish, just let us know ahead of time
- We are not going to schedule back to back activities like the some camps so that the kids have some more free time spend with family and have fun (improvised games are the best!)
- We will be planning several activities as well as a campfire for Saturday.
- There are daily activities at Ft. Wilderness that everyone will be able to enjoy during our stay as well such as swimming pools, outdoor movie, campfire, etc.
- Typically the pack goes to the campfire movie and electrical boat parade on Friday night after setting up camp.
- If you have questions, please let us know and we will do our best to answer and update this page with any additional info.
THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR THIS CAMPOUT
WAS NOVEMBER 27, 2017.
Please contact Brian if you wish to register (based on availability.)
About Fort Wilderness Campsite
- Creekside Meadow is the group campsite located on the West side of Fort Wilderness Resort. A 1/4 mile walk across a foot bridge leads tot he center of the resort for various activities; including the outdoor theater and one of the swimming pools.
- Restaurants are a bus ride down the main road.
- Parking: You can drive to the campsite to unload but you will need to park your car at the front entrance. You can take a bus back to the campsite or usually hitch a ride back in with another Scouter.
- There is no electricity at the camp site, only in the comfort stations.
- The comfort stations are usually kept clean and climate controlled with showers and a sink/wash area.
- The Meadow is divided up into color coded sections. We will be assigned to one or more sections. Please be sure all equipment and tents are kept inside the color section assigned to you. The sections are marked with colored stakes indicating the corners.
- There is a volleyball court & tether ball at the Meadow (shared among the campsites) along with a open field for Frisbee/football/etc.
- Each section has a fire ring, picnic tables, and a few BBQ Grills.
- Please observe the Quite Time at night so as not to disturb those resting.
- There is an outdoor movie theater that Disney shows nightly along with their campfire and stories.
- You can view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach area as well as the Water Parade.